Did you lose your health insurance due to COVID-19?
ACA Special Enrollment Period Extended
The federal government has declared a Special Enrollment Period (SEP) that extended the Affordable Care Act (ACA) Marketplace open enrollment through August 15, 2021.
This special enrollment window can be used by people who are uninsured or under-insured, as well as those who already have Marketplace coverage and would prefer a different plan.
Looking for affordable health insurance? Call me today to enroll in a Marketplace plan, now through August 15, and take advantage of new cost savings.
What You Need to Know
Sign up by August 15.
The COVID-19 pandemic has caused one of the most significant health insurance losses in American history. The American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 and subsequent changes by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services extended the enrollment period until August 15 to give consumers additional time to take advantage of new savings.
Compare and save.
If you had coverage for 2020, you should update your information and compare your options for 2021. Every year, plans and prices change; you could save money by switching to a new plan that still meets your needs.
Take Advantage of New Benefits
- Lower premiums and additional savings for people who are currently on Marketplace insurance plans.
- 4 out of 5 customers can get a plan for $10/month or less with financial assistance.
- Additional discounts for anyone who received unemployment benefits in 2021.
- Higher-income people may now be eligible for ACA tax credit.
For consumers who are eligible for premium tax credits to help purchase a Marketplace plan, an individual or a family’s tax credit amount is calculated based on the following factors:
- Household’s total expected income for the year;
- Total number of people in the household that file taxes together; and,
- The premium amount of the second-lowest cost Silver plan in the consumer’s area in the Marketplace. This is the “benchmark” plan cost used to calculate premium tax credits. It’s not related to a particular plan in which a consumer enrolls.
Need Help? Contact Your Local Health Insurance Agent.
If you have questions about signing up or want to talk through your options with an experienced independent insurance agent, help is just a quick call away. Contact me now to make a no-cost, no-obligation appointment.
I am licensed in Georgia, South Carolina, Florida, Pennsylvania, and Alabama.